Saturday, September 8, 2007

Nickelodeon Magazine Picasso-Style Illustration

The new Nick Magazine has come out, and I've got an illustration on the masthead!
Picasso style illustration for Nickelodeon Magazine masthead

This is definitely NOT my normal style, but it was a fun opportunity to break out of the normal everyday on-model cartoons I draw all the time. The assignment was to paint a museum scene in which all the people visiting the museum looked like Picasso paintings. Since this is a masthead, it was also important to make sure that no figure would draw more attention than any other. Thanks to Tim Jones who picked me for this spot!

On top is my finished version, and below that is how it looks in the magazine.



The incredibly cool folks at Nick Mag have their own blog...pay a visit HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment