Friday, April 23, 2010

Some of my SpongeBob Comics – Super Suspicion

SpongeBob dressed as Mermaid Man
Here’s a SpongeBob comic book story I did for Nickelodeon Magazine back in ought-two. This was done during the break between the end of SpongeBob’s 3rd season and before production started on the Movie.
SpongeBob and Patrick playing and making noise
It was fun ‘cause I finally had a chance to get back to my comic book roots, and reach a huge audience, too.
SpongeBob_Comics_Sherm_Cohen_02z
Story, pencils and lettering by me,
inked by Vince Deporter, coloring by Digital Chameleon.
SpongeBob and Patrick dressed as Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy
Anyway, just click on any image to open up a HUGE high-resolution comic page.
SpongeBob and Patrick dressed as Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy
I’m not sure why, but I’ve never posted any of my Nick Mag comics before. Oh, wait…I remember why. I was still freelancing for Nickelodeon Magazine and I didn’t wanna make  them mad. But last December the magazine shut its doors, so here they are.
SpongeBob_Comics_SpongeBob and Patrick dressed as Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy
^ That was a fun panel to draw!
Squidward calls police on SpongeBob and Pat dressed as Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Squidward points out Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy in police line-up SpongeBob_Comics_Sherm_Cohen_08z
I’m always fond of bookending the opening and closing panels
(or scenes in a cartoon)
A lot of these comics were collected
into book form: Comic Crazy!
SpongeBob Comic Crazy book
Click HERE to see more on the book
--------------------
Wanna see more of these SpongeBob comics stories? I’ll post some more if you let me know in the comments. Talk to you soon! --Sherm

No comments:

Post a Comment